Friday, November 17, 2023 from NOON to 1:30 p.m.
Add to Calendar:
Trust in Real Estate Service Act, 2002 (TRESA)
In this new Webinar, Mark Weisleder, LLB., REI, teaches what you need to know about the major changes coming under the new Trust in Real Estate Services Act, 2002 on December 1, 2023.
The objectives of this course are to understand:
- The major differences between a client and a self-represented person
- The changes coming to bidding wars;
- New rules of Disclosure; and
- The new Discipline Process
By the end of this session you will:
- Learn what the new RECO information guide is all about and what is required before you sign any agreement or provide any assistance to anyone
- Understand the differences between a customer under REBBA and a self-represented person under TRESA
- Learn what kind of assistance you may still be able to provide a self-represented person
- Understand the changes coming to bidding wars, and what options a seller will have about disclosing the highest price and other terms to other buyers
- Learn the rules of disclosure when acting for a seller client and what you may have to disclose to any buyer
- Understand different types of buyer representation agreements, that may offer a reduced level of services, similar to a posting service offered to a seller
- Learn about the new powers of the RECO Discipline Committee and what remedies they will have to fine, suspend or even revoke a license
- Understand the new concept of Designated Agency, and how this could be another option when your brokerage is acting for both a buyer and a seller client
This event is currently closed for registration.